Thursday, August 24, 2006

Jacob Bergum

On Memorial Day weekend members from my brother's church were involved in a tragic accident that took the lives of the father and a sister. Another sister was severely hurt. Jacob, the youngest was also critically injured (see a picture of him here). There have been many ups and downs, but lately there seems to be a turn for the worse in young Jacob's convalescence. Here is a recent note from my sister-in-law:


Jacob Bergum has had a turn for the worse. On Friday, he had surgery to re-insert the bone plates in his skull. He did remarkably well on Saturday, and had the Dr.’s stunned! However, during the night on Saturday, he became very disoriented and sick. They decided to release him from the hospital on Monday late afternoon, and he had a rough time once he got home, I guess. Poor Geralynn only got 2 hrs of sleep on Monday night. I dropped off a meal for them on Tuesday afternoon, and I’ve never seen her look as bad as she did then. She was absolutely exhausted and stressed. Poor thing. I guess yesterday morning, (Wed) she had to call 911 to come and pick up Jacob to take him back to the hospital, as he’d been running a very high fever and was unresponsive when she tried to wake him up. He was rushed into surgery again, and they relieved a lot of fluid and swelling that had built up. He is still in a coma as far as I know, and he is very ‘fragile’. I guess they are concerned that more brain damage has occurred now. On our church’s website there’s a little update on them if any of you would be interested. I was just writing so that you can pray for them. They are so heavy on our hearts.

No comments: