Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Corporate Prayer - a Gift from the Father of Lights



As a pastor I don't want to guilt-trip anybody. But I do speak from my heart when I say that I regret that you are not at the church prayer meeting. I regret it for your sake. From time to time we have such sweet fellowship in prayer, and I felt that tonight was one of those nights. We read the book of James and then fervently prayed to the Lord for wisdom and provision for our church. There seemed to be real freedom and sincerity. My heart is often so warmed after praying with the believers.

The leadership is discussing alternate days and times for prayer because we believe prayer to be one of the core activities of the local church. In other words, it is not an option for believers. Corporate prayer is God's plan for believers. Obviously, Wednesday night is not ordained by God and I know that some of you simply can't make it at that time. That's why we are investigating other possibilites.

But, having said that, I often leave the midweek prayer fellowship - especially when we pray as one group - with a heart full and warmed toward God. But there is also a part of this pastor's heart that is disappointed: disappointed more of you aren't experiencing the same joy as I do.

I write this that your joy might be full!

No comments: